Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Weber County Fair

We decided to go to the Fair this year, because Lana gave us free tickets from her work. Curt and I weren't prepared because most of the rides and booths were cash only and we only had about $2 between us. We were so impressed that the kids didn't complain, they had a lot of fun at the livestock tent. We saw a chainsaw artist carve a bear from a log, fed goats and sheep, milked a cow, brushed an Ada (foreign breed of cow), and saw THE GIANT PIG for 50 cents. So we ended up being perfectly entertained for 2 hours and for a total of $2.00!

Kemp milking a cow. The woman who was showing the kids how to milk, was impressed that Kemp got right in there and did it himself, he got out a lot of milk. I wished I would of caught a picture of Kerstyn when she milked it, her expression was as if she was thinking, "I'm supposed to squeeze those?" Heelarious!
So here we have The Giant Pig! It was over 1,000 lbs. and no words can describe the stench in that pen, peeww!!
I was busting a gut when we came out from seeing the pig and Kemp says, "Well Mom, that was definately worth the 50 cents to see that pig", I love this boy of ours, so easy to please!
The picture doesn't even do justice on the size of that pig's face and snout!
Kerstyn and her daddy were the first ones to get in there to feed the goats. I was happy doing the picture taking!
Kemp loved the little babies, he got frustrated at the mom and dad goats trying to hog the food.
This baby lamb was such a newborn that it was still wobbly on its feet. We had fun watching it with its mama.
Just chillin with the sheep, and the girls brushing the Ada, it has very soft hair.
The bull's horns were HUMONGOUS! I was worried that one of the horns was going to get us in the back when it turned its head.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how fun kel :) i thought about taking kade...sadly, it was just a thought! looks like you guys had a blast though! hope all is well with you and the fam! :)

Tai said...

How fun. I don't know how we didn't make it there. I totally forgot it was going on!! That sounds like fun!!