Monday, March 16, 2009

A Family is Forever!



Our family went to the Draper Temple open house on February 4. Kerstyn's bosom buddy cousin Lauren was having her birthday party the same day so Kerst stayed with her for the day. Kemp and Cami and I had dental appointments with Uncle Mike that day, so we planned to meet Curtis for lunch after and then head up to the Temple. It was a gorgeous and sunny afternoon and I am still kicking myself that we forgot our camera!!! I can't describe the feeling of being in the Lord's house with my family and showing the kids the different places in the temple that hold such sacred meaning to their Dad and I. When we toured the rooms where you are married for eternity I had chills looking in the mirrors with Curtis and the children. It has been almost 12 years since Curt and I were looking in those mirrors thinking about our family someday and there we were. I am still emotional over this and it has been over a month since we went! I can't tell you how much it means to me to know that I will still have all this after I leave this world, Family is EVERYTHING! Cami said she is so excited for the day when she is married in the temple, what will that day feel like to be getting her ready in the bride's room to be sealed for eternity to her sweetie? I can wait trust me, and if my kids grown up any faster it will be tomorrow before I know it!

No comments: