Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's day and one heck of a mom!


I bought pj's from Sam's Club and my mom loved them, so we bought her a pair for Mom's day!
I had a fabulous Mother's Day! I was given the cutest little gifts by my kids & hubby-
  • Kemp gave me breakfast in bed (Raisin Bran Extra, toast with jam and a banana), he knows that this is tradition in the Garrett family.
  • Cami gave me a vase with some beautiful silk flowers and a picture block-she heard me say that I wanted a picture block, what a sweetie.
  • Kerstyn gave me a tile with her hand printed on and her name, and a picture of us holding hands and a message saying I was smart and special-cute!
  • Christian made me a cute little pink bracelet with the help of the nursery leaders, and I got lots of kisses from him!
  • Curtis gave me a corsage (which is another tradition) and also remembered my mom, he is such a sweet man. He gave me foot cream, (he promised a massage) a gorgeous bouquet of flowers, and we went for dinner to Texas Roadhouse on Saturday, yum! All in All I know my family loves me and appreciates me as a mother, that is everything I could ask for.

Happy Mother's Day Mom!

My mom is one of those people that everyone admires for her optimism, faith, testimony, and I could go on and on. She has been teaching me so much these last few months about knowing that God is in charge of this world and is guiding our lives. Every challenge she faces is with a belief that everything will be o.k. and that she will be taken care of by her Father in Heaven and he will help bring peace to her soul. She is having a cancerous lump removed in her breast this Wednesday, and we are praying that all goes as planned. The Dr.'s are very positive that it has not spread, but will know for sure once they operate. After she and I left the surgeon's office she said that she knows that the Lord is taking care of her and blessing her. In church on Sunday we have a class where we meet with other women and she announced that she had good news and told about her cancer, and that it looked very favorable that the cancer will be removed and she will be fine. Afterwards another woman made a comment that only Barbara Garrett would consider having cancer to be good news! She looks for the positive in every situation. She could be so angry and devastated, but that just isn't my mom. I am so thankful that I have been fortunate to have such a woman as my mom!

1 comment:

pixa said...

You do have one of the most amazing moms out there. Your mom was always so good to all of us who came to your house all the time and stayed over night. She was always wonderful to us and patient with us and acted like she loved us even when some of us were tough children to handle! lol. I wish I was as positive and loving as your mom!