Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Trip to Minnesota

We grew up together in California with our cousin Lacy and her family (they live in Oregon now). We were really close as kids because we only had each other to see for holidays. She was in Minnesota at the same time for a baby shower, so we were ecstatic about seeing her!

Lana and Will chasing each other down the walkway at the airport
Best cousies- Just chillin'
Chris was trying to yell to Grandma and Aunt Lana who were down below having lunch, it was so sweet!

I didn't realize that Christian's shirt probably made everyone on the airplane cringe, until one passenger said to Chris, Uh-oh are you trouble? I should have picked a different shirt for the plane. Oh well, he IS trouble; but he did just fabulous on the plane!
I love seeing my family in Minnesota. Christian and I went with my Mom, Lesley, Will, Lana and her hubby Craig on the trip. The little toddlers were such a hit and I am glad that we got to bring them along. My family from Minnesota is such a breath of fresh air. I love to visit with all of them and hear the same positive, optimistic attitude in each and every one. I wish I could have known my Grandpa and Grandma Follensbee, raising 14 children in poor circumstances and have them grow up to be so spiritual and have such amazing outlooks on life; is a wonder to me! My children have no idea what a huge extended family they have and my goal is to get my whole family back there SOON! My cousin Deanne was so gracious in letting us stay with her. She made these little toy snakes for the boys and they loved 'em. We taught her how to play Greed and had a blast, of course there was loud laughter the whole time. One thing I enjoy about being with family is seeing how genetics and personality traits play a role in who I am. I have noticed that there is a coined phrase that all of them use quite a bit, (I hear it comes from my grandma) "It's not the end of the world!" That truly is how each of them deal with life and all its uncertainty (also believing that God takes care of us). We got to enjoy several relatives that we have never met and that was special! A little side note to family: as you can see I didn't get a lot of pictures with my camera, so will you please send me some of your pictures from the trip, thanks.

1 comment:

Lana Schow said...

I just posted my pictures and we got a bunch of cute ones thanks to Craig, so you can go to my blog and steal them. :)