Thursday, July 1, 2010

Awards Assembly for Kemp and Cami

Kemp, along with several other 5th graders, won the Nat'l. Presidential Fitness Award- they had to do push-ups, sit-ups, pull-ups, sit and reach, run the mile, etc. Kemp was receiving the award with some boys who had been giving him a hard time about not being as athletic as them, Curt and I were saying-Ya! you go Kemp!
Kemp earning Scholar of the Year

When they called Kemp's name up for the award
he was a bit shocked!

Cami earned Citizen of the Year
We were very impressed with her hard work this year!

I forgot to post about Kemp and Cami's awards at the end of school last year and realized with the new year coming-I never did! (that is summer for ya) So here are some pics from the assembly where they received awards. It was funny when Kemp was given his award, because his teacher made it clear he was getting his award for being the smartest, NOT the most responsible-he always forgot his assignments! He really turned things over the last half of the year. Kemp is the type that needs a little push sometimes or he just sits back and enjoys the ride (being content isn't a bad thing either son)! Cami is definitely the responsible type, she is so self-motivated and determined. I love how she plays soccer with the boys at recess, but lip syncs to Taylor Swift at home with the girls. She is such a perfect blend of a 10 year old-I love it! Can't wait to see how they blossom this next year!

No comments: