Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Father's day/ Our anniversary- long post!


Cami made this breakfast in bed and a cute card that all the kids signed

For Father's Day I surprised Curtis with the
Real Salt Lake vs. LA Galaxy game
We couldn't get over how HUGE the field is that they play on

David Cook performed after the game and it was raining a little, but we still had a great time!

Father's Day was going to be hard without my Dad, I knew it- and I was planning on it. But I decided that I have a pretty awesome husband who happens to be a pretty terrific dad, so I needed to spoil him and make him feel special and not let my sadness overshadow that. We barbequed with our family and made cupcakes for Curtis' dad and visited him. I thought about my dad and the words I would have expressed to him about being such an outstanding father, and how much he would have loved the big hug and kiss I would have given him, and I felt happy remembering him even though I am sad he is gone.
Then On Saturday June 26, Curtis and I went to the Salt Lake Temple for our anniversary, we haven't been back to that temple together since we got married. I am so glad we did, it was such a spiritual experience. I had a girl sitting by me that was getting married the following weekend and she was there for the first time. That made me reminisce(sp?) back to my wedding day. I could not have prayed for a more peaceful and sure feeling that day. That memory is what gets me through the days of wanting to rip Curtis' head off! You know I love you! Then we went to the Skybox sports grill at the Gateway because USA was playing Ghana in the World Cup. Even though we were sad about the loss (LOVE you-Donovan, Dempsey, and Bailey) it was a total blast sitting in front of all the big screens and yelling with the whole restaurant! Thanks much to my sister Lesley and her hubby who I think have started a little tradition of taking our kiddies for our anniversary, and they just love it!

1 comment:

Lesley said...

We also love the tradition of tending the Smith family on your anniversary! I was sad on Father's Day and sobbed after I talked to my father-in-law on the phone. It just wasn't the same as talking to Daddy-O!