
Sending my children off to school this year was bittersweet.We had a nice big breakfast of waffles, eggs, and bacon. Curtis gave them a father's blessing and I remember how I felt such an appreciation of being given that kind of gift from my dad growing up. They are always so excited about school which makes me happy for them, but I am sad to have them gone all day long, and so is Christian. Kerstyn is in first grade and I can't believe I am back to having only one child at home. Cami is in 5th grade and she is so giddy when school starts, she just loves every second! Kemp is in 6th grade and is applying for a job in his class (isn't that cute-they even have an application for the students to fill out). He did a great job explaining why he would be good as a class officer. I was impressed with how well he knows himself. Christian will definitely be a regular at the library for story time, maybe they can get him to sit through an entire story!
FOLLOW-UP ON KEMP: he made Vice President in his class, but not peer leader, his class voted for all girls. Kemp feels plenty busy with his class job. They are in charge of planning class parties for reading and such.
FOLLOW-UP ON CAMI: she is the Journalist in her class- they get paid by how well they do in class (behavior and grades) and how committed they are to their jobs. Then her class gets to spend their pretend money in their class store, I love that they are learning this stuff!
3 comments:
Story time is the best! Hope your local library is as good as ours. Will also loves walks to the park (good thing fall is approaching. Good luck to the older kids on school this year!
Yeah, no kidding! Good luck with that-- getting him to sit still for longer than 3 seconds! sheesh. :)
I love your family. You'll have to let us know what happened with Kemp! :)
Post a Comment