Tuesday, October 5, 2010
Why does my husband believe in lucky numbers and why is it #5?
I use to get migraine headaches a lot when I was a teenager. They faded away in my early 20's and I noticed that I would get them just in my first trimester of pregnancy. In fact I knew I was pregnant with two of our four babies, just because of the headaches. At the first of August I went with my mom to Montana to see my older brother Reid and his family. The week before we left I had a couple of bad headaches and of course the first thing that ran thru my mind was- you've got to be joking-I am NOT pregnant. I had just gone off birth control and was planning on starting again the following month once I got a new prescription from my OB. We were being pretty responsible, but it is definitely true that it takes ONLY ONCE! I started feeling tired and sick on our trip to Montana, and due to start my cycle at the first of that week and yep you guessed it-nothing! I felt very overwhelmed by this news since I felt so content with 4 kids. I didn't tell Curtis until Kemp and him got home from Scout Camp. All he said was "Awesome! Five is my lucky number!" Curse him and superstitious numbers-just kidding. I have had a strengthening of my testimony through this. I know that the Lord is looking out for me, because it is like mothers have come out of the woodwork to tell me that either they felt they were supposed to have more children and didn't and regret it or that there last child (which was usually the 5th one)was a total surprise and that there family would never be the same with out that child. I ran into Kemp's 5th grade teacher (take notice of the #5) at the school one morning on a day when I was feeling especially stressed out about another baby, and she ran up and gave me a hug and said "Congratulations, I heard you are expecting". I am sure she didn't sense much excitement in me, so she quickly said that she thinks I have the sweetest and most adorable kids and am such a good mom, how could I help but have more children. What a tender mercy on that day! She sure was in tune and I will be so grateful to her for reminding me of what are truly the most important things to me- my family and my attitude. Even in my own family my parents were floored by the news of twins (my mom's 5th pregnancy) especially when it was not planned. How could our Garrett family be complete without Lana and Lesley? So I have the faith that in years to come I will look at this 5th member of our family and be so grateful for lucky numbers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Congrats Kelly! You are an amazing mom and 5 will be great! Logan was a big surprise too - #5!
Congrats!
I can't wait for Van to have a cool cuz!
Congratulations Kelly! I think five is a great number of kids to have!
Post a Comment