Christian Robert Smith was born Friday Oct. 24 at 10:55 a.m. he weighed 6 lbs. 10 oz. and was 19 1/2 in. long. He was an interesting birth for me since I decided to have the epidural instead of going natural. I have to admit that getting the epidural was a frustration to me and some of the effects that come with it have been bothersome, but hey I didn't feel any contractions so I can't totally complain! He has been the most pleasant baby so far. He has this cutest wimper and pouts his lips when he is upset. I think Curtis and I are so much more at ease with this baby. I was worried I wouldn't be in the groove after a 5 year gap after Kerstyn, but he is just a total joy. Curtis' job has more flexibility so he has been hanging around more this week. My sweet hubby is the most organized person I know. He has gone thru and done a fall cleaning and the Girl's room and Kemp's look so great. I loved bringing home a baby to a home in order, it is not my area of expertise, so I'm glad I married this man! Kemp has been just the helper I thought he would be, asking me constantly if I am feeling good, and if he can do anything for me. He is so careful and responsible with the baby. Cami has been so great with the drama she gets from her bossy little sister about who is holding the baby more. Yesterday evening Cami was holding Christian and Kerstyn was pouting the whole time (mind you she is home with him ALL day long!). So Cami says, "Kerstyn I'm tired of holding him, will you?" That's my sweet Cami for ya! Kerstyn has assumed the role of Mother over this baby, which I knew would happen given her obsession with babies. No jealousy here folks! She wants to do everything for him. She amazes me for her age, how well she holds him and her gentleness. You can tell he loves her company. We apologize to those who we haven't had time to contact, the overwhelming part of this baby is just the fact that it is number 4 and I feel limited on the time I have to myself. I feel like a dairy cow with the amount of milk I have with this baby. I rented a breast pump and it has made a huge difference, so I am probably busy pumping if any of you are trying to get a hold of me, so give me after this week to get acclamated! Love you all! Thanks for the phone calls, gifts, cards, etc.
6 comments:
We love him so much already! i'm so glad he is in such good hands.
Congrats! He is so beautiful! We love you and my girls are just dying to see him. Kai made you a card but we have had some colds runningthrough our fam and we don't want to get your precious baby or fam sick! we love you!!!
he is perfect!!! i'm so happy he and will are here and doing so great!!! love you guyss!!!
Congrats! He is very cute!
Kelly,
He is beautiful! Congrats :)
kelly! he is a DOLL! i'm sorry, we have been typhoid mary at our home...i've got a little gift for him i'd love to give you :) it looks like your family couldn't be happier, and that makes me so happy :) i love you kel! congrats again!!
Post a Comment