Thursday, October 8, 2009

Kemp-The Scout Guru














I know nothing about scouting, so I am very grateful that my hubby absolutely loves scouting and the great outdoors! Kemp has been just spitting out the requirements for his badges. He recently earned his Arrow of Light from cub scouts, the scout leader mentioned that Kemp earned every award possible. That happens when your dad is an over-achiever. I feel somedays like 10 years has been rolled up into 10 days. He will be an aaronic priesthood holder next year and that doesn't even seem real. Kemp said, "Mom, guess what? when Chris is doing this stuff I will be on a mission!" Don't even go there son! I love when he talks about his mission in the future, it is always as if there is no doubt whether or not he is going. Here is a recent conversation we had:

Mom: Kemp, I think it would be smart to start learning how to cook some easy meals that you could fix on your own-like when you go on your mission.
Kemp: Why? Missionaries go to people's houses to eat.
Mom: Not for every meal.
Kemp: It's fine mom, I know how to make Top Ramen, cold cereal and pb&j sandwiches.
Mom: After 2 years you might get sick of the same thing.
Kemp: I highly doubt that mom!
Mom: Yeah, you are right!

No comments: