Thursday, March 4, 2010

Reason for concern?

I had an interesting conversation with Kerst a few mornings ago. She came in the kitchen dressed for school and had my jewelry on which she has been begging to wear to school and I keep saying no. She mentioned that she likes "popular" and "rich" things, so I asked her "what are popular and rich things?" and her response was having cute clothes and cute hair and the most friends at school. Holy Moly she is picking up on this and it is her first year of school! Kemp and Cami have never really talked like that and I think they care less about popularity, in fact Cami says those girls "bug" her (yea for that). I told Kerstyn it is important for people to like you but not just for your clothes or hair but because of the way you treat them. Then we talked about being rich and the difference between being selfish or selfless with what you have. Let's just hope she marries the offspring of a Huntsman-Ha,ha! By the way we have come to a compromise with the jewelry, she can buy a little girls set of bracelets if she keeps her room neat for a whole week, she has 2 days to go and is doing a great job!

1 comment:

Lana Schow said...

Wow that is amazing for her!!! She must really want that jewelry!