My mom, myself, and my Laurels and their moms went to the YW broadcast on Saturday and Elder Uchtdorf's talk was so inspiring to me! I really needed to hear the words he spoke. He talked about how we all have a fairy tale that we are living, it starts with once upon a time and ends with happily ever after. Also he mentioned that in every princess fairy tale the character goes thru some sort of adversity and has to overcome. He said that our Father in Heaven knows what our happily ever after is and how to get there, we need to go to him for guidance. I have not been receiving as much guidance in my life from my Father as much as I should so I am recommitting myself to go to him more so I can enjoy the REAL happily ever after that comes after this life.
My favorite quote from his talk said:
"It is your reaction to adversity, not the adversity itself that determines how your life's story will develop."
3 comments:
I always love to hear Pres. Uchtdorf speak. Lucky you!
That broadcast was amazing. So glad I got to go.
Thank you Kelly. I needed to hear that... Btw, I can't read your posts easily... it's TINY! Either that or my eyes are going really really bad :P Hope you are doing well. Thanks again for the inspiring reminder.
Post a Comment