Wednesday, January 14, 2009

No Dogs Allowed!

Kerstyn was yelling, "Wake up!" to this fish. surprisingly enough it didn't wake up!


Our luck with pets has not been the greatest this past year. We have had 3 fish and 1 frog die, and 2 hamsters escape (of which we have yet to find?). I am the one that feeds and cleans up after these pets, so I got too busy and it was all downhill from there. My sister Lana brought it to my attention that our beta fish named Cinnamon was dead-I had no clue. My daughter Kerstyn said that our other beta named Aqua was sleeping and she was yelling in the bowl for him to wake up. It took awhile for her to understand he was dead, once she accepted it she asked if she could help flush it down the toilet-ha! I was secretly happy when Jumpy the frog died because I HATED cleaning the bowl and catching the frog in the net. Our veteran beta named Bluey, died last spring. We had him for 2 1/2 years, that was pretty emotional. I wake up every night when there is any sort of noise that might belong to our hamsters and wonder where I will find them? So of course I just laugh at my children when they ask for a dog!

3 comments:

Lesley said...

Ya I have no luck keeping living things alive. I have decided to never own a pet or plant again.

The Jensens said...

That is the funnest post I have read in a long time:)

Caroline said...

I am sitting here, laughing out loud as I read this post! That fishbowl has some curse on it, and I feel partly responsible because I gave the kids that fishbowl with the "original" fish and frog for CHristmas 4 years ago! How funny is that, that Lana was the one who noticed the fish was dead, and she doesn't even live there! Ha ha. I have a feeling the hamsters were cooked in the heating vents a long time ago, sorry to say!!! LOL