Friday, November 14, 2008

Shout out for Kemp and Cami!

So I noticed that a lot of posts lately have been in behalf of Kerstyn so I need to give equal attention to Kemp and Cami. We had parent-teacher conferences this week and Cami's teacher said all she had to tell us was that Cami was a perfect student. I thought that was very sweet of her teacher and of course I agree. Cami is one of those persons who is very self-motivated to succeed. I have to be very careful how I go about scolding her, because she beats herself up enough as it is. Yesterday she noticed me trying to fix dinner while helping the kids clean out their hamster cages and Christian crying in the background for his diaper to be changed, so she just went and got a diaper and changed him all by herself without me asking. I can't say enough for the moments when my children just sense a need & fulfill it, What a daughter! Thanks Cambo! Kemp had equal praise from his teacher in 4th grade, but she mentioned that he would be an exceptional student if he could just button those lips of his. I felt the need to apologize for that one, cuz let's face it, it's genetics folks! For as long as he has lived on this earth (probably in the pre-existence as well) Kemp has been such a compassionate, sensitive young man, and his teacher shared how pleased she is with the way he treats the kids who have a hard time fitting in. There is a boy at school that gets teased for his weight, and Kemp always stands up for him. He tries to be so responsible, and with a husband that travels quite frequently, I appreciate him more than he'll ever know. Whenever Curt is out of town I'll say to Kemp that he is the man of the house so he can call on someone to say the prayer, and he sucks that up! Skeetos-I'm so glad you are my son! I am so blessed in my life to have wonderful parents who love me, and have taught me that I have a father in heaven who loves and cares for me. He has watched out for me in so many ways, and that has sustained me throughout my life. If there is one thing I absolutely don't want to fail at as a parent, it is that making sure my children know they are LOVED, no matter what! So I hope and pray they will know that from me when they grow up, if nothing else, Ha!

1 comment:

Tai said...

You do have amazing kids and I am sure they will know how much you love them because you always show it!! That is too cute that Cami will change his diaper and I am so impressed but not surprised that Kemp will stand up for someone like that. What sweet spirits you have in your home!!